RSB repo commits need approval

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 28 05:23:43 UTC 2023

On 27.04.23 20:05, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 3:27 AM Karel Gardas<karel at functional.vision>  wrote:
>> On 4/27/23 08:13, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>> Why
>>> don't we use a Git pull request workflow with CI pipelines in the RTEMS
>>> Project?
>> I don't know, but certainly github.com is not available as an
>> open-source solution which may be seen as a major roadblock. Am I right
>> assuming that GitLab Community is the most close to that and available
>> for running by anyone?
> 100% this is the main reason, and most likely GitLab is where we would
> go. I believe the main issue to getting that in place at the moment is
> appropriate mechanisms to fund the remaining server upgrades and then
> installation/setup of the gitlab service on RTEMS Project
> infrastructure.

I don't understand why we can't use the Github services while we wait
for something magic to happen. In addition, the Github services could be
used complementary to a future self-hosted Gitlab. This would make the
RTEMS Project more accessible to contributors. FreeBSD for example
accepts Github pull requests in addition to their established
contribution paths.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER