GitLab and BuildBot

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Feb 10 22:00:10 UTC 2023

On 10/2/2023 7:36 pm, Jan.Sommer at dlr.de wrote:
> [...]

The server gear is 9 years old and Amar is updating, upgrading and sorting out a
range of long standing issues in that equipment that have slowly appeared. It is
an amazing effort and technically challenging given the minimum downtime we have
experienced so far. Once done we can move to patch management and CI. We have
reviewed what is available and what we can self host and gitlib is the best fit
and all those with commit access seem comfortable with this choice.

Discussions with Amar indicate he will bring up an instance unfunded and my
understanding is funding is needed for a fully featured system. If the tickets
do not indicate this please reach out to Amar on amar at rtems.org. The tickets and
project groupings can be found here:

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/FundingProjects

> That would be amazing. We use Gitlab internally as well and are quite happy with it.
>
> So, looking forward to the new Gitlab.

I am also looking forward to it. It is long overdue but for good or bad reasons
history seems to indicate this is the RTEMS way!

I would also like to mention none of this would be possible without the support
of OSU OSL and Lance and his team:

https://osuosl.org/

They host all our equipment for free. They have a donate page here:

https://osuosl.org/donate/

We all depend on the awesome job they do. Lance keeps an active eye on our
equipment and reports to us our security status. Some of this work is based on
his reports.

Thanks