microblaze 2nd timer

Sam Price thesamprice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 03:14:02 UTC 2023

I wanted to add secondary timer support to the microblaze bsp.
I have an initial working change to the rtems source here

https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems/compare/master...thesamprice:rtems:timer_debug

And an initial test example here
https://github.com/thesamprice/rtems_mb_timer
Unsure how to integrate this test into rtems test framework.

I renamed bsp/timer.h to bsp/microblaze-timer.h at
bsps/microblaze/microblaze_fpga/include/bsp/microblaze-timer.h
Hoping this would avoid polluting the namespace?
timer.h seemed generic to me.
There seems to be a mix of names for this approach....

The microblaze shares a single interrupt vector for all interrupts.
Also the timers share the same timer interrupt vector so you have to
check both of their registers.

I would like to do a follow up to this getting the timer tests to use
the microblaze counter.

Does this look ready for a patch?  Should I follow the patch
instructions and submit?

--
Sincerely,

Sam Price