RTEMS LwIP licensing and organization cleanup proposal - actual Ti code license

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Sun Mar 5 16:49:19 UTC 2023

Hello Joel and Gedare

On Friday 03 of March 2023 14:32:33 Pavel Pisa wrote:
> The RTEMS core integration layer is held in uLan/ports/os/rtems
> subdirectory
>
>   https://git.rtems.org/rtems-lwip/tree/uLan/ports/os/rtems/arch/sys_arch.c
>
> It should be moved somewhere else, i.e. under
>
>   https://git.rtems.org/rtems-lwip/tree/rtemslwip/common

> To make integration with RTEMS easier, the source should
> be relicensed to some common actual RTEMS license template,
> for example
>
>   https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/bsps/arm/lpc176x/start/bspstart.c
>
> We have referenced Swedish Institute of Computer Science license
> there to allow integration even to some official LwIP port
> but except for function and defines names the code is our own
> so RTEMS copyright with reference to implementation inspired by
> other LwIP OS integration should be OK.
>
> I have contacted Premysl Houdek who worked on project during
> his RTEMS GSoC and followup diploma thesis
>

> https://support.dce.felk.cvut.cz/mediawiki/images/f/f1/Dp_2016_houdek_premy
>sl.pdf
>
> and he is prepared to confirm relicensing to any RTEMS fitting
> open source license.
>
> For actual RTEMS LwIP users and contributors, please propose license change
> or chose some of above offers and then propose new files location including
> git patches or I can take that action if

So we have right relicense all uLAN OMK remains except for Ti PHY files
and registers for TMS570 EMAC (actual controller driver is ours).
The original Ti files with license to check are there

  https://git.rtems.org/rtems-lwip/tree/uLan/ports/driver/tms570_emac/ti_drv_emac.h

Best wishes,

                Pavel
--
                Pavel Pisa
    phone:      +420 603531357
    e-mail:     pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
    Department of Control Engineering FEE CVUT
    Karlovo namesti 13, 121 35, Prague 2
    university: http://control.fel.cvut.cz/
    company:    https://pikron.com/
    personal:   http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa
    projects:   https://www.openhub.net/accounts/ppisa
    CAN related:http://canbus.pages.fel.cvut.cz/
    RISC-V education: https://comparch.edu.cvut.cz/
    Open Technologies Research Education and Exchange Services
    https://gitlab.fel.cvut.cz/otrees/org/-/wikis/home