FreeBSD libefi import -- how to proceed?

Karel Gardas karel at functional.vision
Tue Mar 28 10:27:34 UTC 2023

   Folks,

I'm using FreeBSD's libefi on my hacked multiboot2 based amd64 BSP which
I'd like to push for review (at least).

Now, I'd like to prepare libefi for import but I'm still in doubts if to
do that in:

- as intact form as possible, import even files which will not be used
in foreseeable future or even ever

- as minimalistic as possible. Include only files really needed by
RTEMS. Where making compilation issues #ifdef __rtems__ as usual.

What exactly I need to import is:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/tree/main/stand/efi/include
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/tree/main/stand/efi/libefi

In 'include' I'd like to omit risc/arm/arm64 platform specific
subdirectories for now.

Anyway, plan is to put both those directories into
bsps/shared/freebsd/stand/efi to mimic perfectly location in FBSD tree
and to have them ready to be reusable later for arm64 and risc-v BSPs
consumption.

Thanks!
Karel