[rtems commit] libdl: Add support to import base image TLS symbols

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 14 07:12:10 UTC 2023

On 14/9/2023 4:55 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 14.09.23 08:34, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> This seems to break the mips build:
>>
>> cpukit/libdl/rtl-tls.c:104:2: error: #error unsupported architecture
>>    104 | #error unsupported architecture
>>        |  ^~~~~
>>

> Also the moxie and 64-bit powerpc (qoriq_e6500_64) no longer build with the
> error above.

Yes. It was decided this be a hard error so it gets fixed. The newlib TLS change
broke libdl and it is being fixed for the release. I have done what I can and
know about but some archs need help from those who know about it.

I am not sure about moxie, if it does not have TLS support it can disabled.

The issue I faced was no score interface to get the TLS base for a thread to
determine a symbol's offset. If we had that and something to say if TLS is
supported libdl would be easy to fix.