6.1 release on Aug 26, 2024?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue May 14 02:00:02 UTC 2024

On 11/5/2024 9:40 pm, Cedric Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On gitlab, issues tagged "6.1" show a release date of Aug 26, 2024 for this
> milestone, is it the current plan?
>
> If not, before or after?
>
> Any plan to merge GCC 13.3 or 14.1 before the release?
>
> Just curious, and trying to do some planning...

I was required to enter a date and given the last release on the same day in the
year I selected it. It happens to be my passed fathers birthday.

There is hope to have a release before then but there are some things we need to
get sorted.

I need to move the release notes generation to gitlab and currently that task is
unfunded. That means it is in any spare time I can find and when it is the top
of the list I will work on it. I have some ideas on how to do this but it is
still a work in progress. I hope it is easier than Trac which was truly horrible.