resolved...

Jarielle Catbagan jcatbagan93 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:19:59 UTC 2015

Hi Ed,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Ed Sutter <edsutterjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jarielle,
> Ok, I found the problem...
> I AM A MORON...
> :-(
> On Friday night I took the first attempt at testing your
> "stylized" changes and it worked.  Then I turned the manual
> steps into a uCon script, and double checked it...
> It failed because I had the wrong filename in the script.
> My bad.  :-(

Don't worry about it! I am glad that the issue is resolved. :-)

> One lesson learned though...
> Make sure when testing a boot image on the eMMC that you
> remove the uSD card.  It's easy to not notice the fact that
> the eMMC boot failed and the board booted off uSD instead
> of eMMC.

Definitely, I made sure to remove the uSD card before booting from
eMMC to see if booting uMon was successful or not.

On a side note, GSoC is almost over with the coding phase ending on
August 21.  If I do pass my final evaluations, it is requested that I
send a code sample of the work I did.  With your permission and your
opinion, would submitting the BBB port directory be sufficient and
adequate?

Even though GSoC will end on August 21, there is still so much to do
and improve with the BBB port and I look forward to continue working
on it well beyond GSoC.  I also look forward to continue contributing
to uMon such as porting it to other Beagle platforms as well as other
platforms.

Ethernet is quite involving and given the amount of time remaining in
GSoC, I am suspecting that the Ethernet functionality will be finished
after GSoC ends.  As of right now, I am just tidying up the BBB port
while simultaneously working on implementing the Ethernet
functionality in the BBB port.  Am I approaching this the best way
possible?

Thanks!