resolved...

Ed Sutter edsutterjr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:13:05 UTC 2015

On 8/10/2015 9:19 PM, Jarielle Catbagan wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Ed Sutter <edsutterjr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jarielle,
>> Ok, I found the problem...
>> I AM A MORON...
>> :-(
>> On Friday night I took the first attempt at testing your
>> "stylized" changes and it worked.  Then I turned the manual
>> steps into a uCon script, and double checked it...
>> It failed because I had the wrong filename in the script.
>> My bad.  :-(
> Don't worry about it! I am glad that the issue is resolved. :-)
>
>> One lesson learned though...
>> Make sure when testing a boot image on the eMMC that you
>> remove the uSD card.  It's easy to not notice the fact that
>> the eMMC boot failed and the board booted off uSD instead
>> of eMMC.
> Definitely, I made sure to remove the uSD card before booting from
> eMMC to see if booting uMon was successful or not.
>
> On a side note, GSoC is almost over with the coding phase ending on
> August 21.  If I do pass my final evaluations, it is requested that I
> send a code sample of the work I did.  With your permission and your
> opinion, would submitting the BBB port directory be sufficient and
> adequate?
Absolutely.
> Even though GSoC will end on August 21, there is still so much to do
> and improve with the BBB port and I look forward to continue working
> on it well beyond GSoC.  I also look forward to continue contributing
> to uMon such as porting it to other Beagle platforms as well as other
> platforms.
That's great news!  Its been fun working with you (well,... you working, me just
providing the good looks :-) ).  All kidding aside, it would be wonderful if you stayed
connected with RTEMS/uMon.

> Ethernet is quite involving and given the amount of time remaining in
> GSoC, I am suspecting that the Ethernet functionality will be finished
> after GSoC ends.  As of right now, I am just tidying up the BBB port
> while simultaneously working on implementing the Ethernet
> functionality in the BBB port.  Am I approaching this the best way
> possible?
Yep, do whatever cleanup you think you need to do.  I haven't looked at the Ethernet
device interface on this SOC.  If its the typical buffer-descriptor type of interface, then
you may want to refer to one of the other uMon ports for some ideas.  Also, check
with Ben to see if it is already built into the OS.  You may be able to reuse that work.

Jarielle, its been a pleasure working with you.  I'm glad to hear you're planning to continue
after GSOC.
Ed