umon3.0

Ed Sutter ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Jul 14 15:47:46 UTC 2015

If there's a way to do that with git, yea I'd like to do that.
I eventually realized with uMon that the version number in version.h was
almost meaningless,
so I started referring to the SVN realease number.  I'd actually prefer
that it
be embedded with the repo so that I can just let it do it.
I had originally had a 3-part version number...

MAJOR.MINOR.PORTINFO

MAJOR only changed once.
When to increment MINOR was flakey at best.
PORTINFO was just an incrementing value as the port changed but
MAJOR/MINOR did not.

I'll go to any scheme you guys think is most efficient. It just can't
clash with 1.0 or 2.0.
Ed