How does one provide proper attribution to files with missing file header?

Ed Sutter ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jun 22 16:40:07 UTC 2015

On 6/22/2015 12:27 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On 6/22/2015 11:15 AM, Jarielle Catbagan wrote:
>> Some of the existing core files in the BBB port in the Umon sources
>> have missing file headers that would normally provide proper
>> attribution.  How does one provide proper attribution in order to
>> strive for consistency?  Would it be considered OK to just put the
>> default attribution to the original author, Ed Sutter, and have a list
>> following indicating those who made modifications?  What is the best
>> way to approach this?
>
> I recall there is a standard header template used on the core files.
> IMO Start with what is there. Add however Ed cites himself on those
> files. And add a
>
> BBB port copyright by Name <email>
>
> Gedare/Ed.. any suggestions?
>
> This needs to be right the first time before it gets propagated.
>
>> Please excuse me if some of the questions appear to be trivial.
>
> This is far from a trivial issue. Proper attribution and file headers
> are really important.

I agree... I'll do whatever you guys think is best.
I was supposed to look into this this weekend too... :-(
I think we discussed doxygen compatibility, which means all files will
have to be updated for that.  If you guys (Joel/Gedare/Chris) have a
template,
lets just use it.
Ed

--
Ed Sutter
Alcatel-Lucent Technologies -- Bell Laboratories
Email: ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com