Still undergoing attempt to boot Umon from SD

Jarielle Catbagan jcatbagan93 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:15:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
> On 29/06/2015 1:48 pm, Jarielle Catbagan wrote:
>>>
>>> Not using RTEMS's libc is important.
>>>
>>> Once the files are in the umon repo I will build and take a close look
>>> with JTAG.
>>
>> The uMon repo actually has the patches I submitted merged in already.
>> It allows a basic uMon image for the BBB to be built. The only thing
>> is that the master uMon repo is not set up yet to build using the
>> RTEMS tools.  The reason for this is that I wanted to get the
>> necessary files that removed the data exception that was occurring
>> merged in before updating the build process to use the RTEMS tools
>> instead.
>
> Ok.
>
>> I do want to mention that I plan to get uMon integrated into
>> the RTEMS Source Builder and have it built that way and so I'll be
>> taking a closer look into this shortly.  Any advice on how I should
>> proceed will be much appreciated.
>
> Once it is building on the supported hosts it should be easy.
>

>> The files that temporarily rectify the data exception is not included
>> but building uMon should allow it to still reach the uMon command
>> line.  And so to have the master uMon repo to build using the RTEMS
>> tools is just a matter of updating the ABIDIR and the TOOL_PREFIX
>> variables in the BBB Makefile.
>>
>> So to build the master uMon sources using the RTEMS tools, in my case
>> the values of these variables were simply
>>
>> ABIDIR = $(HOME)/opt/lib/gcc/arm-rtems4.11/4.9.2
>>
>> and
>>
>> TOOL_PREFIX = $(HOME)/opt/bin/arm-rtems4.11
>>
>> then the steps to build uMon with the current directory pointed to the
>> BBB port directory are
>>
>> $ source bashrc
>
> I do not have bash installed.

Oh I see.  The build process would have to be updated to be more
general. Or perhaps, correct me if I am wrong, once uMon is at a
certain point to be ready to be integrated with RSB, this would
probably be not an issue as the build process would be more
standardized.

> Chris
>

>> which then produces the binaries in the build_BEAGLEBONEBLACK
>> directory.  The built image is boot.bin.
>>
>> If it's not much trouble at all, if you do take a closer look at uMon
>> attempting to boot off of an SD card, that would be great!
>>

> I will try but I am traveling later this week and thing have already
> piped up.
>
> Chris

No worries.  If ever, I will look at it through JTAG once I have my
JTAG debugger set up.