Project Introduction: Porting Umon to the Beaglebone Black

Ed Sutter ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue May 26 12:34:52 UTC 2015

Hey Jarielle,
Thanks for the post.  I'm looking forward to this myself..
It has been a while since I've had to do a port totally from scratch
(no reference source code); and since then the chips that were originally
referred to as "microprocessors", then "microcontrollers" and now "SOCs"
have gotten a tad more complex.  :-)
As you parse through the uMon code in place now, please don't hesitate to
ask any questions regarding the logic behind some of the design. Be
aware that
some of what is there was geared toward an older,
not-really-appropriate-anymore
goal that the bootloader would also serve as the debugger and it would
remain
active even after the application takes over.

The code base has been shifting away from that, but many of the hooks and
functional bootup sequence was based on that and may no longer apply.

Anyway, do well on your finals!  Really glad I'm not in that space
anymore!  :-)
God Bless!!!
Ed