can we include dosfs?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jun 20 02:33:05 UTC 2016

On 20/06/2016 12:24, Ben Gras wrote:
> I'm looking at building umon from RSB, to replace uboot, the next step
> to mainlining all the beagle bsp support.

Great.

> It seems umon doesn't read FAT filesystems. Does anyone see any
> license objection to including
> dosfs.c (http://www.zws.com/products/dosfs/) as seems to have happened
> with the original umon?

How does that implementation compare with
http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html? This is used by Xilinx in the
first stage bootloader.

I also have a JFFS bootloader implementation that can be added so umon
can be booted from a JFFS2.

> Can we then include the original umon CLI interface or is that a
> license issue? If so I can re-implement it.

I do not know and yes it would be nice to use what is available.

Chris