compiling egcs for rtems under cygwin32

Mike Davies mikert at noco.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 19 22:20:22 UTC 1998

Hi,
I have been trying to compile egcs for rtems under cygwin32 according to
the instructions kindly provided by Geoffry Montel and I have run into a
problem as shown by the compiler output below :

___start___

_muldi3
i386-rtems-ar: permission denied
_divdi3
(c:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\as.exe 1003) Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATI
ON
(c:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\as.exe 1003) Dumping stack trace to
as.exe.co
re
xgcc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 0
make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
make: *** [cross] Error 2

___end___

If anybody knows what this means or how to fix it I'd be grateful for
any advice. I should say that I am compiling under WinNT exactly as the
provided instructions show, but with i386 in place of m68k throughout, I
am using the beta 19.1 version of the cygwin32 api.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Mike Davies