Flash File System

Steven Johnson sjohnson at magna.com.au
Wed Feb 11 09:16:30 UTC 1998

I need a Flash File System for a project i am building with the RTEMS. I
will attempt to create this so that it can be incorporated into the project
as a whole.

1. Is there anything i should be aware of before i do this. Especially with
regard to submitting the code for inclusion in future versions of RTEMS.

2. Does anyone have any feeling for what they would like in a driver like
this. I will specifically target my needs, but if there is anything i can
include (or not preclude) then i will attempt to. (Time Permitting)

3. Does anyone have a good up to date specification for a Flash File System?
The only one i have is a Microsoft specification that leaves a bit to be
desired.

At the moment i think it will be a Microsoft FFS, but i will extend it
slightly to handle long file names. (The Published microsoft spec i have
hints at long filenames, but doesnt provide any clear information on them)

Steven Johnson