RTEMS debugging

Joel Sherrill joel at oarcorp.com
Fri Feb 27 16:24:12 UTC 1998

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Alexey Y. Kalayda wrote:

> What tools you can recommend me to debug
> multitasking RTEMS applications?
> Has anybody adapted RTEMS for debugging under
> SDS SingleStep using RTOS adaption kit?

AFAIK no one has ever done this to get thread aware debugging under
SingleStep.  I have heard problems mentioned on crossgcc with the PowerPC
having trouble with the debugging information from the GNU tools.

I would love to see some rtems task/thread aawareness built into gdb.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development