libio preparation for file systems

Robin Kirkham Robin.Kirkham at mlb.dmt.csiro.au
Thu Feb 26 16:06:40 UTC 1998

Forwarded to the list for Aleksey:

------- Forwarded Message

> I like this. As well, you can have a filesystem containing all the current
> RTEMS objects (tasks, semaphores, message queues, etc) with the names coming
> from the four-letter object names (assuming these are printable ... in both
> senses! 8-). Then you could do

Guys, I have general purpose CLI in the works. It has following plusses:

1. Multi level, it means that it supports both nested shells

   > route
   route> add ...
   route> list ...
   route> delete
   route> set
   route> whatever ..
   route> exit

   and commands issued from the top

   > route add ...
   > route list ...
   > route delete ...

2. Multi instances and multiple login levels

3. Command line editing and syntax prompts.

4. Can be used as batch file  processor.

4. It is not a full blown shell, so it is small and unobtrusive.

Minuses - it is being written in C++ (it seems like this is a case
where C++ really shows advantages).

Unfortunately, I am preempted by more urgent matters :(. So, if there is
an interest I can donate it and I can promise participation.

Thanks,

Aleksey

------- End of Forwarded Message