Compiler cannot generate an exe

Mike Davies mikert at noco.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 20:26:29 UTC 1998

Hi,

I have been trying to compile RTEMS and I've been having difficulties:

I have been able to build the toolset on Red Hat 4.2 (i386-rtems target)
without apparant difficulty bu running the script ./bit as described in
the instructions.

When I come to compiler RTEMS itself, though I get a "compiler cannot
generate an exe" error.

I have copied the output due to the configure command below :

I'd anybody has any ideas what is going on I'd be glad of a steer

Thanks,

Mike

checking target system type... i386-pc-rtems
checking for cat... /bin/cat
checking for rm... /bin/rm
checking for cp... /bin/cp
checking for mv... /bin/mv
checking for ln... /bin/ln
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for chmod... /bin/chmod
checking for sort... /bin/sort
checking for mkdir... /bin/mkdir
checking for working /bin/mkdir -m 0755... yes
checking for working /bin/mkdir -p... yes
checking for touch... /bin/touch
checking for cmp... /usr/bin/cmp
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for gm4... no
checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4
checking for bash... /bin/bash
checking rtems target cpu... i386
checking if cpu i386 is supported... yes
checking for gcc... i386-rtems-gcc
checking whether the target C compiler (i386-rtems-gcc  ) works... no

--
Mike Davies