user task not created

Eric Norum eric at skatter.USask.Ca
Thu Mar 19 16:49:24 UTC 1998

Geoffroy Montel <g_montel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I found out why it blocks
> The structure is statically allocated at memory adress 0
> I just put the data section after 0, at $10 for example, and it
> works better... the user task is created and running
>
> There's still a problem with the printf, it blocks, but that's
> another never ending story!
>
> Sorry for bothering the list with self questions-answers
> (but I don't know how it can work with data section at $0
> did it work with other boards by chance ??)

Yes, you must avoid placing a valid data element at location 0,
since &that_first_element is indistinguishable from NULL.

The trick is to change the linker script to put in a dummy longword
at the beginning of the data segment (just like the old PDP-11 split
I/D architecture.....).

---
Eric Norum                                 eric at skatter.usask.ca
Saskatchewan Accelerator Laboratory        Phone: (306) 966-6308
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-6058
Saskatoon, Canada.