RTEMS 4.0

Eric Norum eric at skatter.USask.Ca
Thu Nov 12 17:50:35 UTC 1998

"Bill Knight" <ros at mitsi.com> wrote:
> I've seen the posts which indicate RTEMS 4 is ready and waiting.
> Any news as to what the holdup is?

This is getting to be a fairly common refrain.  Why have the folks
at OAR gone into this weird `stealth mode' about announcing
RTEMS-4.0.0?  First it was `November 1', then I got e-mail saying
that it would be `Early in the week of November 9th', now we've heard
nothing.

I'd be happy to offer our FTP site as a distribution mirror if
there's some kind of problem with the OAR web/FTP site.

Come on OAR -- release *something*.
Erik Ivanenko and I have some network modifications that I'd like to
have folded into the development tree, but I don't want to do so
until 4.0.0 is out and available.

---
Eric Norum                                 eric at skatter.usask.ca
Saskatchewan Accelerator Laboratory        Phone: (306) 966-6308
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-6058
Saskatoon, Canada.