Problem Building Rtems-4.5.0-beta1c for gen68360

Mon Apr 3 16:10:56 UTC 2000

Gus Paolone wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> Since my last posting, I've now been able to start building RTEMS
> itself. However when it starts building the hello sample application the
> linker fails looking for "crti.o". The source for this  file I could not
> find, and as I understand its related to start-up code. I also found in
> bsp_specs crti.o being specified.
>
> Can somebody please explain to me where I can find crti.o?

What toolset configuration are you using?  crti.o should be installed
with
the toolset.  It should be part of the m68k elf toolset.  You might have
a coff
configuration installed.  In the RPMS, they end up:

/opt/rtems/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-rtems/2.95.2/crti.o
/opt/rtems/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-rtems/2.95.2/crtn.o

> And how does
> the bsp_spec file work?

Magically. :)

It is a special gcc language to describe various things like linking,
preprocessing flags, etc.  It gives the end user a high degree of
control
over things that would otherwise require rebuilding the toolset.

>From RTEMS perspective, it lets you do board specific things without
modifying the toolset source.  GCC should not know about the particulars
of the gen68360 BSP.