GDB build failure under Cygwin environment !

Li HongSong hsli at utstar.hz.zj.cn
Fri Apr 7 01:26:27 UTC 2000

Hi,
I use Cygwin on Windows NT 4.0 (SP5) as host development
environment for RTEMS. The cygwin system and GDB source are
downloaded from OAR corp's FTP site.
(cygwin-rtems-20000207.tgz & cygwin-rtems-install.zip,
gdb-4.18.tar.gz & gdb-4.18-rtems-20000126.diff.gz)
But I can't build GDB for powerpc by using "./bit_gdb powerpc"
command.The same error also occured when building GDB for i386.
It seems the Cygwin lacks the term library, but where to get
the library and how to add it to Cygwin ?
(On the FTP site, there are some RPMs already built for i386
under cygwin directory, but there are no GDB for any processor
and no RPMs for powerpc. I hope if somebody could upload all
these missing tools to the FTP site !)

Any help is appreciated !

Li HongSong

The error message look like below:
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lHcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... (cached) no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
configure: error: Could not find a term library
Configure in /source/build-i386-gdb/gdb failed, exiting.
ERROR: **** FAILED **** configure

Started:   Tue Apr 4 16:42:38 2000
Finished:  Tue Apr 4 16:46:29 2000

Directory size information:
737     build-i386-gdb
121847  /opt/rtems

The src and build-i386-gdb subdirectory have NOT been removed.