How to build rtems-4.5.0-beta1c on solaris2.6 + SPARC

Serrae at tsainc.com Serrae at tsainc.com
Thu Apr 13 14:58:52 UTC 2000

Hello folks,

With the help of some folks (Joel Sherril, Adrian Bocaniciu, etc) I was
able to overcome some hurdles:
     1) `bit_rtems target', where target is {i386-elf, etc.}, was failing
with some weird stuff.  Partial fix is
          to do `export LIB=; export CC=gcc; bit_rtems target'  This fixed
the above problem (which said:
         "...compiler can't create executable.").
     2) Then, came "... no rule to make target ftpd."  This is due to a
buggy Makefile.in in
          ${prefix}/tools/rtems-4.5.0-beta1c/c/src/libnetworking/include,
where prefix is of your
          choosing.  Here is the fixed Makefile.in
     (See attached file: Makefile.in)
     3) Last, but not least, I ran out of disk space while compiling, so
was not able to build everything.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Efren