How to build the GDB stub Floppy for PC386 target?

Quality Quorum qqi at world.std.com
Fri Apr 14 11:59:52 UTC 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Boris V. Guzhov wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I have:
> - Linux Red Hat 6.0 host
> - pc486 target (usual computer)
>
> I build the "Hello world" simple application.
>
> How to build the GDB stub Floppy for target?

1. Read c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/HOWTO

> How to load the my application  in my target with usage of the
> I386-rtems-gdb?

2. Add following fragment to the init task
#if 1
  /* Init GDB glue  */

  if(BSPConsolePort != BSP_UART_COM2)
    {
      /*
       * If com2 is not used as console use it for
       * debugging
       */
      i386_stub_glue_init(BSP_UART_COM2);
    }
  else
    {
      /* Otherwise use com1 */
      i386_stub_glue_init(BSP_UART_COM1);
    }

  /* Init GDB stub itself */
  set_debug_traps();

  /*
   * Init GDB break in capability,
   * has to be called after
   * set_debug_traps
   */
  i386_stub_glue_init_breakin();

  /* Put breakpoint in */
  breakpoint();

#endif  /* 0 */

> Any information where to start looking ?
>
> Boris Guzhov,
> St.Petersburg, Russia

Thanks,

Aleksey