Problem with MGETHDR

Smith, Gene Gene.Smith at sea.siemens.com
Mon Apr 17 20:30:21 UTC 2000

> From: Alexey S. Fadeyev [mailto:alexey at vocord.com]

> Hi
>
> In rxDaemon I alloc memory with MGETHDR and MCLGET for packet arrive
> but as soon as I begin to work with it -
> MGETHDR(m,M_WAIT,MT_DATA);
> MCLGET(m,M_WAIT);
> m->m_pkthdr.rcvif = ifp; (as in examples)
> RTEMS tells me
> RTEMS: Network mbuf space can not be enlarged after
> rtems_bsdnet_initialize
> has
> returned.
> What's wrong?
> In driver_attach function I set mtu to 1500.
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Alexey
>
> P.S.
> Btw - when the mailing-list will be update?

I see the same rtems panic message but after my system has been only
listening on a very broadcast intensive ethernet for a random length of
time.  I can see that the memory for mbufs and clusters can be set in
networkconfig.h above the default 64k/128k value. However, my question would
be: Is it typical to have to increase these or does it indicated a deeper
problem?

This panic error has only occurred once while listening on the network for
several hours today.

-Gene