About how to debug a RTEMS application from NT hosts using GNU gdb

Aaron Xinhuan Liu xliu at csr.UVic.CA
Tue Apr 25 14:54:52 UTC 2000

Does anyone know how to debug a RTEMS application from a NT box using
GNU gdb?

I have built gnu chain tools(including gdb) and RTEMS for our target
(MC68360) on NT. I download the sample helloWorld program to the target.
I tried to use gdb 4.17 to debug the BSP I ported and I always failed.
How can I specify the serial device it is connected to our target on NT?
I use "COM1". It does't work. The debugger complains: "COM1: permission
denied ".

Thank you for your help.

Aaron