Disable fpu support in ttcp?

Thu Apr 27 16:54:36 UTC 2000

"Smith, Gene" wrote:

> I have been trying to run the ttcp test for some time. I just noticed that
> it contains 386 floating point assembly instructions.  My target has no
> coprocessor for fp. Is it possible to use a fp library instead of fp
> instructions on the i386 and, if so, what is the correct way to do it in the
> build files?  I am using 4.0.0.

You should be able to use the -msoft-float option to i386-rtems-gcc
BUT...
gcc does not include soft float libraries for the i386.

There have been at least two patches floating in the gcc mailing lists
add this capability.  You need that support first and then just adding
-msoft-float will fix this.