Problem Building Rtems-4.5.0-beta1c for gen68360

Charles-Antoine Gauthier charles.gauthier at nrc.ca
Mon Apr 3 16:17:24 UTC 2000

Gus Paolone wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> Since my last posting, I've now been able to start building RTEMS
> itself. However when it starts building the hello sample application the
> linker fails looking for "crti.o". The source for this  file I could not
> find, and as I understand its related to start-up code. I also found in
> bsp_specs crti.o being specified.
>
> Can somebody please explain to me where I can find crti.o? And how does
> the bsp_spec file work?
>
> Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Gus.

crti.o, crtn.o, crtbegin.o and crtend.o all come from gcc. You should
have gotten them when you built gcc 2.95.2 with the latest patches from
OAR. The target is either m68k-rtems or m68k-rtemself. Both targets are
equivalent and build a m68k/ELF compiler. The rules to build the extra
bits are in egcs/gcc/config/m68k/t-crtstuff. Your egcs/gcc/configure.in
file should have a paragraph that looks like:

	m68k-*-rtemself*|m68k-*-rtems*)
		tmake_file="m68k/t-m68kbare t-rtems m68k/t-crtstuff"
		tm_file=m68k/rtemself.h
		extra_headers=math-68881.h
		float_format=m68k
		;;

What would you like to know about the bsp_spec file? Specs are discussed
in the latest gcc manuals. You can do an 'info gcc' and look under
  Invoking gcc
    Spec Files

Essentially, the file states that if the -qrtems flag is thrown, it
should use the specified libraries for linking. The -qrtems file is
specified in the build rules in
rtems/make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg.

--
Charles-Antoine Gauthier
Institute for Information Technology   Institut de technologie de