M68K Support in Rtems 4.5.0 Beta1c

Steven Johnson sbjohnson at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 6 11:34:54 UTC 2000

What I mean is that in /make/custom/gen68302.cfg are the lines:

RTEMS_CPU=m68k
RTEMS_CPU_MODEL=m68302

which would make me believe a directory called:
/c/src/lib/libcpu/m68k/m68302 existed.

and in /make/custom/gen68360.cfg (assuming non companion mode):

RTEMS_CPU=m68k
RTEMS_CPU_MODEL=mcpu32

which would make me believe a directory called:
/c/src/lib/libcpu/m68k/mcpu32 existed.

Neither of these directories exist. Or am i missing something here? Does this
only mean IF a separate CPU directory is present in libcpu then these are the
names to use? This seems rather confusing, especially since the documentation
led me to believe they need to exist.

The only BSP i've actually used to date has been for the PowerPC eth_comm and
it has the declaration

RTEMS_CPU=powerpc
RTEMS_CPU_MODEL=mpc860

and the directory
/c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/mpc860 does exist.

If no separate CPU directory exists then does the RTEMS_CPU and RTEMS_CPU_MODE
serve any purpose?