How to build the GDB stub Floppy for PC386 target?

Boris V. Guzhov borg at int.spb.ru
Fri Apr 14 16:50:44 UTC 2000

Thanks,

But still there are the problems.

I have located my test.exe file in the FS_GRUB diskette
and load my target PC with it. Then I ran my test with GDB.

Then I have bulided "Hello world" test.exe.
Then I run gdb:

gdb hello.exe
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
realloc (ptr=..., size=...)
     at ...malloc.c:268
268            if (!size) {
(gdb)

Good! There is a connect!

But then it does not work.

For examle, a cannot to run "load" command:
(gdb) load
Ignoring packet error, continuing ...

How to load another  application in target with
using GDB?

I want to have in target only GDB stub
and to load any application through GDB
with using "load" command.

Will somebody help with this problem? I will very much obliged.

Boris V. Guzhov,
St.Petersburg