CygWin 1.1 released

David J. Fiddes D.J at fiddes.net
Wed Apr 19 21:11:49 UTC 2000

Hi,

>I saw this, and like to share it:
>
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

I have also seen this. For the time being I still recommend the "Cygwin for
RTEMS" that comes with the 4.5.0 beta because it is more complete and will
build RTEMS out of the box.

This is a good things for RTEMS though. The new Cygwin distribution is the
last time the whole of "Cygwin" will be released in one go. In the future
updates will be released for each sub package (cygwin1.dll, binutils, bash,
etc) as required. This is good because it requires a very flexible installer
which we should be able to piggy back with packages like autoconf, automake
and RPM that are required for RTEMS. On the down side is that the new
release will require a lot of testing and probably all of the toolset RPMS
rebuilt :(

Dave