rtems-4.5.0-beta/c_tools build error

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Sun Apr 30 16:59:46 UTC 2000

Eli Kozikaro wrote:

> Hello All,
> I'm using  RedHat 6.2 and  rtems-4.5.0-beta.
> I untared the  tools and applied the patches then I ran ./bit m68k
> The ./bit m68k build did not complete  (see error messages bellow).
> I was able to complete the build when I added the install point
> (/usr/local/rtems/bin ) to the PATH environment variable.
> I wonder if this is a bug or am I missing a step.
>
> Eli Kozikaro
>
> if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
>   mv libgcc1.o ${name}.o; \
>   m68k-rtems-ar rc tmplibgcc1.a ${name}.o; \
>   rm -f ${name}.o; \
> done
> _mulsi3
> /bin/sh: m68k-rtems-ar: command not found

This error message comes from building gcc and normally happens when
target's ar is missing, which should only happen if binutils's sources
are missing (user.cfg).

I have seen this happen when user.cfg isn't setup correcly (Blanks,

Besides this, to getting started, I recommend using OAR's rpms on Linux
hosts, esp. under Redhat.

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)