BDM Interface for GDB (68360)

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Wed Aug 9 17:28:56 UTC 2000

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 12:26:19PM -0300, jsturnio at nec.com.ar wrote:

> B) I have a P&E Microcomputer Interface (Interface that works with SDS
> compiler), is there some way to put this Interface to work with GDB?

the closest I came were a set of patches by Pavel Pisa available via
http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa/m683xx/bdm_driver.html.  they may or may
not work for you depending on whether or not you need to drive BERR\
from the BDM side.  (and are linux-only, although I seem to recall a
port to NT...)

I posted a summary message on the crossgcc list about the various
BDM hardware available last December.  see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/1999-q4/msg00234.html

none of the free drivers available at the time appeared to be able to
handle recovery from hanging bus transfers (they couldn't toggle BERR\)
and I was under time constraints, so ended up getting EST's VisionICE
and VisionXD debugger.  they do the job for now, but I'd rather be using
gdb...

  Aaron J. Grier   |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron at frye.com