configuration

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Aug 11 13:15:39 UTC 2000

"D.G.Somerton" wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am 'trying' to configure the RTEMS on cygwin. This is failing. see
>
>   Someone suggested that VC environment variables may clashing.
>   This cannot be, as VC uses LIB, INCLUDE, MSVCDIR, MSDEVDIR
>   info gcc: Invoking: Environment Variables:
>     LIBRARY_PATH
>     C_INCLUDE_PATH
>
>   Someone suggested linking cc to gcc.
>   This is no good, as gcc is /bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2
>   The cross compiler is /tool/bin/m68k-rtems-gcc.exe
>   I have linked cc to the cross compiler.

Symlink it to your native compiler (Eg. /bin/gcc)

> After the failed configure, here are the logs.
> /tools/../build/config.log and /tools/../build/tools/build/config.log
>
> It seems that the configuration cannot determine that this is cygwin.
Right, because the check to determine cygwin requires a native
C-compiler.

This is a known issue with autoconf and is worked at by the autoconf
developers.

> ---------------------------------
>
> So as you can see,  it is looking for __CYGWIN32__
> What is this?
> Where does it come from?
>From Cygwin's gcc.

> How do I set it so the configuration works?

Try to symlink /bin/cc.exe to Cygwin's gcc.exe.

Ralf.

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung