or32 port

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon Aug 14 08:23:27 UTC 2000

Damjan Lampret wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a start  I am trying to build RTEMS for i386 but there is a problem
> (maybe I am doing something wrong?):
>
> # rtems-ss-20000811/configure --target=i386-rtems --enable-rtemsbsp=pc586
> --program-prefix= --disable-posix --disable-itron --disable-networking
> # make all
>
> No program prefix because currently I only have default GCC 2.91.66
> installed that comes with i386 RH Linux 6.2.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Are you trying to build the pc586-BSP using a native gcc-2.91.66
(egcs)? This is not supposed to work. Instead you are supposed to
have a i386-rtems cross toolchain (Though there are ways to build
RTEMS for i386 using a native toolchain :).

--program-prefix is not used by RTEMS sources directly, but I am not
sure about potential side-effects automake might introduce if using
--program-prefix= .

I would propose you to get an i386-rtems cross-toolchain (available
at OAR's site) or to build it from scratch (The easiest way is to
download the *.nosrc.rpms from OAR and then to build the rpms
yourself: rpm -ba <rpm>.spec).

BTW: gcc-2.91.66 should be fine for the native (build-host and host
compiled) parts in RTEMS.

> And the problem is this:
>
> /usr/bin/gcc --pipe -B../../../../../pc586/lib/ -specs bsp_specs -qrtems
> -g -Wall -ansi -fasm    -mcpu=i586     -c   -O4 -o o-optimize/termios.o
Here, you are using a native ix86-pc-linux gcc for cross
compilation. I.e. instead of the target's headers, the host's
headers get picked up.

>From what I see here, your problem seems to be caused by not using a
cross-toolchain. This either is caused by your way of setting up
program-prefix or (more likely) by not having setting up $PATH
correctly or by the configure scripts picking up the wrong compiler
(this is a known issue with autoconf).

RTEMS configuration expects
* [gcc|cc]  to be your native c-compiler
* ${target_alias}-gcc to be your cross-c-compiler.

If using OAR's rpms this means you are supposed to have
/opt/rtems/bin in your $PATH.

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung