writing rtems drivers

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Mon Aug 14 20:02:12 UTC 2000

I've successfully ported RTEMS to an in-house 68331-based test
instrument.  My gratitude goes out to Joel and and all the others who
have made RTEMS such a nice portable RTOS.

Now it's driver writing time.  ;)

The first thing I've decided to tackle is the instrument's internal
(matrix-scanned) keyboard.  I currently have polled-mode drivers
working, but the hardware supports interrupts, and I'd like to have the
option of using an event-driven framework.

What are my options for generating events from drivers?  Is it wise to
use the rtems_message_queue_* operations from within a device driver or
ISR?

  Aaron J. Grier   |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron at frye.com