i386-rtems

Damjan Lampret lampret at opencores.org
Tue Aug 15 09:37:21 UTC 2000

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Damjan Lampret wrote:
[cut]
> > # rtems-ss-20000811/configure --target=i386-rtems --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386
> > --disable-posix --disable-itron
> >

> There are several potential issues with this command line:
>
> 1. Are you having the source-tree in a subdirectory of you
> build-directory? This might interfere with building, because the
> process of building creates directories. Please use a separate and
> empty build-directory instead.

Actually I do. OK, I'll try emptry build directory.

> 2. Not specifying --prefix means installing to /usr/local. This
> should not hurt wrt. rtems, but might interfere with other packages,

You just gave me an idea. Instead of using --prefix-program I put
/opt/rtems/bin in my PATH variable (so that configure can find correct
tools). Should I rather use --prefix-program instead of setting my PATH?

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

regards,
Damjan