Antwort: Java under RTEMS --- status ??

Martin_Doering at mn.man.de Martin_Doering at mn.man.de
Fri Aug 25 08:26:23 UTC 2000

>Kaffe   --- I guess this is probably dead by now.

Possibly you know, that transvirtual gave away it's framebuffer based
kaffe GUI implementation now under a free license - before it was a
commercial product (the same for win32 implementation. They made a product
"pocketlinux" from that, where linux is used as a kernel directly laying
under the kaffe VM. Adapting the framebuffer interface (microwindows for
RTEMS) could be a good base for to bring it up. Another possibility could
be to use huge X11 and it's Lib under RTEMS. But I do not know about a
status here.

Till now there are just two (non-intel) ports of kaffe/FB available. In
the next release it shall be re-united with the free X11 edition, but this
will take a small time from now on.

Martin Döring, Systemtechnik (IDT)
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
Dachauerstraße 667