ARM - problem with configure

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Aug 29 18:03:31 UTC 2000

"Andrew N. Sloss" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm attempting to build a bare BSP for ARM and I'm hitting a
> fundamental problem with configure. I'm using:
>
>         Cygwin: 1.1.4
>         OS: Windows 2000
>
> When I attempt to "make all" the process starts and after
> sometime it reaches the configure file in the following
> directory:
>
>         /c/src/exec/score/cpu/arm/  configure

Pleas tell us your configuration options.

Without knowing them it is almost impossible to reproduce your
problem.

What makes me wonder is the blanks, tab or whatever it is between
cpu/arm/ and configure above. It could be your MUA, but who knows?
In case you edited a configure.in or configure script it could be
DOS style \r\n line-breaks having spoiled them.

> At this point the following error message appears:
>
>         <path>/c/src/exec/score/cpu/arm/configure: 526: Syntax error: ")"
>
> If I take a look at line 526 it doesn't include ")".
No clue, due to lack of infomation. :)

> Does anyone
> have any ideas or advice about how I could get around this problem
> or debug it. I have checked to see if I have mounted everything in
> binary mode etc.

OK, then the premiere cause seems to be already eliminated.

Ralf