m360 networking

Mon Dec 11 15:15:51 UTC 2000

Eric Norum wrote:

> Mirko Markov wrote:
> >
> > Is there some way to add driver for second network in BSP (m360 based
> > on gen68360 BSP)? I know how to deal with hardware configuration
> > (i. e. settings in network.c), but have no idea how to attach second
> > driver to the rest of the RTEMS. I'm planning to use scc2 for second
> > network.
>
> You'll have to modify network.c to support two SCCs -- tedious but
> fairly straightforward.  If you want you could just copy all of
> network.c to network2.c and make the appropriate changes.  This would
> use a little more space since none of the code that could be shared
> would be shared, but would be the easiest way to modify the driver.

Not knowing the m360 scc's in details .. Are the two SCCs similar
enough that the libchip trick of wrapping a core chunk and passing
instantiation specific data (like base address and state) in to
support routines would work?

Check out the libchip/network/sonic* and powerpc/dmv177/network
to see one way to do this.