Porting OpenPalm to RTEMS

Thu Dec 14 19:59:14 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am in the process of writing the abstraction layer that will
port OpenPalm (http://openpalm.sourceforge.net) to RTEMS.  I have
posted a long list of questions to the developers list but they
are mostly to ensure that I am doing things right since most of
the abstraction layer is already written.

None of this is tested and I have not fixed their tiny glue to
the graphics.  If anyone is interested in helping out, please
post to the list.  I have not even begun to look at how to build
this yet. :)

In case anyone cares, this is the entire framebuffer abstraction:

#define SCREEN_WIDTH    160
#define SCREEN_HEIGHT   160
#define SCREEN_BPP              4
#define SCREEN_BASEADDR g_scrnBase

extern unsigned g_scrnBase;

inline bool _JAPI fbSetPalette(const TPalette palettes[], int index, int
nColors)
{
  // return tvmFbSetPaletteBE((unsigned*)palettes, index, nColors);
  return 0;
}

inline void _JAPI fbUpdate(const TRect* rect)
{
  // tvmFbUpdate(rect);
  return;
}

inline void _JAPI fbCleanup(void) {} //nothing to do

Apparently other than that, they simply write into it.

Again, help and advice appreciated.