Mini-IMFS

Wed Dec 20 00:56:11 UTC 2000

Peter Weatherall wrote:

> Hello
>
> What is the status of the mini-imfs ? Has it been implemented ?

Complete.  And yes.

> I understand it is a reduced version of IMFS but specifically what are the
> differences ?

It is intended to be the subset of a real filesystem found in RTEMS 4.0.
RTEMS 4.0 only had device names in the "file namespace".  There are
directories and device nodes.  There is no support for mounting,
real files, links, etc..  See c/src/lib/libc/mini*.c in 4.5 and
c/src/libfs/src/imfs/mini*.c in late model snapshots.