Questions with RTEMS install on WinNT - Cygwin

Jowell, Chris {AVL~Roswell} CHRIS.JOWELL at ROCHE.COM
Tue Dec 26 15:37:41 UTC 2000

Hi,

            I'm trying to install RTEMS (M68K target) on a WinNT - Cygnus
platform and I'm slightly confused:

1st The FAQ describes unpacking various tarballs and then applying patches
to them. However poking about OAR's ftp site I've found tarballs labeled
"rtems-base" and "m68k-rtems"

What are these and how do I use them?

2nd The FAQ specifies version 2.9.5.0.24 of binutils (and all of those
interesting tarballs I found are the same version) but the VA Research FTP
site listed has long since moved on to newer versions

            Where else can I find that specific version?

Thanks

Christopher Jowell

Application System Analyst
Roche Diagnostics