[RTEMS]RTEMS suitable only for control system?

Fri Dec 1 21:23:59 UTC 2000

Rosimildo daSilva wrote:

> From: Jeffrey <jeffrey at antek.com.tw>
> To: RTEMS mail <rtems-users at oarcorp.com>
> Date: Friday, December 01, 2000 2:35 PM
> Subject: [RTEMS]RTEMS suitable only for control system?
>
> >Hi all:
> >
> >Some one said that RTEMS is better suitable for control system not for
> >network product. Its design for network part is not fully supported and
> >tested. Is that correct ? Thanks in advance.

What argument did they use to justify this?  Just curious.  As this
claim is made, it is FUD.  If there is a serious criticism, then
let's all hear it so it can be addressed.  This is how RTEMS has
grown.

I always want criticism to be technical and specific.  RTEMS has
changed a LOT over the past few years and many criticisms against
one version are gone in the next.  Look at the tool/build situation
for example.