making a tar -> .o using objcopy Re:

Sat Dec 9 15:25:41 UTC 2000

This warning is expceted since "binary" format has no
target information. A patch a while back on the binutils
list removes this warning in this particular case.
There is really nothing you can do and it means nothing
in this case.

Another way to do this is to have a C program generate
an array of bytes for the binary file and compile the
C program. No utility I have handy does this.