compile binutils-2.9.1

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Tue Feb 1 01:19:57 UTC 2000

"Shen,HuiJie" wrote:

> Hello :
>    I try to build cross compiler of mpc on NT server.
>    I installed cywin and do as instruction of RTEMS 19991117 On-Line
> Library.
> after , it seems OK after doing
>
> /source/binutils-2.9.1/configure --verbose --target=powerpc-rtems \
>               --prefix=/gcc-powerpc-rtems --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld

Compiling the toolset with CygWin is not easy !!!. :-)

You did not mention which version of the tools you are using.
Stating that, might give us some clues.

I've got the impression from you post that you're using CygWin B19.
This version is very bug. I would recommend an upgrate to B20.1 to start
with.

Rosimildo.