RTEMS 4.X.X gen68360 Ethernet Tx Reliability

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 11:05:16 UTC 2000

I ran into this one last week (as a result of duplicating your test).
man bind(2) says:

                                                        For TCP a
       bound  local  socket  endpoint  (address/port   pair)   is
       unavailable for some time after closing the socket, unless
       the SO_REUSEADDR flag is set. Note that carelessly setting
       SO_REUSEADDR might make TCP more unreliable unless PAWS is
       used (see tcp(4)); the delay is needed to handle old pack­
       ets still in the network.

So there!  tcptest really shouldn't bomb out when bind fails.

Cheers

-- Nick Simon