does there exist a way to calculate time spent on interrupts handling ?

Fri Feb 11 13:55:48 UTC 2000

Kirill Korotaev wrote:

> Hi, everyone!
>
> I know there is CPU_usage_Dump() function to dump thread cpu usage. But can
> easily dump interrupts cpu usage? I think this should be important for RTOS.

There is currently no generic RTEMS mechanism for accounting for time
spent
in ISRs.

In case you did not notice the CPU_usage report is based on noticing
which task is running when the clock ticks and as a direct result is
only an approximation.  It is safe to assume that multiple tasks can
and often do execute between two consecutive clock ticks.  Did each
of those tasks take 0 clock ticks or 1 clock tick to execute?

There needs to be a higher granularity timestamp to make this completely
accurate and to account for time spent in ISRs.

Adding this capability and defining the infrastructure required to
portably support this would be a nice thing. :)