Java and RTEMS?

Wed Jan 26 14:49:49 UTC 2000

Gus Paolone wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I was wondering if anybody has any information on running servlets on
> RTEMS? I must admit I know nothing about Java and its requirements, and
> was wondering what software is out there that I can use.
>
> I'm sorry if I'm a bit vague. Thanks in advance for any help you can
> give me.

I'm surprised no one has posted back to you already.

There are two Java efforts going on right now.  Oscar Martinez de la
Torre
is porting Kaffe to RTEMS.  Charles-Antoine Gauthier is working with the
GNU Java compiler gjc and RTEMS.  I believe Charles is further along at
this point and has actaully run Java code on RTEMS.

FWIW an old version of Kaffe was run on some RTEMS version between
3.6 and 4.0 while the RTEMS networking support was in its infancy.
There
were some portability problems with that OLD version of Kaffe that
required ugly patches that were never merged back.  Now that RTEMS has
about 85% of POSIX 1003.1b porting efforts like this are much easier.

Oscar and Charles... want to throw in some status or beg for help. :)